We want to make contributing to this project as easy and transparent as possible.
When developing Bowler, follow these steps to setup your environment, format your code, and run linters and unit tests:
Fork Bowler on Github.
Clone the git repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/$USERNAME/bowler
$ cd bowler
- Setup the virtual environment with dependencies and tools:
$ make dev
$ source .venv/bin/activate
$ make format
- Run linter, type checks, and unit tests:
$ make lint test
We actively welcome your pull requests.
- If you've added code that should be tested, add unit tests.
- If you've changed APIs, update the documentation.
- Ensure the test suite passes.
- Make sure your code lints.
- If you haven't already, complete the Contributor License Agreement ("CLA").
Contributor License Agreement ("CLA")
In order to accept your pull request, we need you to submit a CLA. You only need to do this once to work on any of Facebook's open source projects.
Complete your CLA here: https://code.facebook.com/cla
We use GitHub issues to track public bugs. Please ensure your description is clear and has sufficient instructions to be able to reproduce the issue.
Facebook has a bounty program for the safe disclosure of security bugs. In those cases, please go through the process outlined on that page and do not file a public issue.
By contributing to Bowler, you agree that your contributions will be licensed
LICENSE file in the root directory of this source tree.